Key characteristics of “Electronic Tatarstan” project realization:
• 62 % of households are provided with broadband Internet access
• The number of people using wire Internet makes more than 970 thousand subscribers
• All district centres and big settlements of the Tatarstan Republic are fully provided with 3G communication (access speed – 3,6 Mb/s, coverage - 80 % of the republican population)
• 99,6% of population have house telephones
• The mobile penetration is 159,5%
• For 2 months in 2010 the first in Russia, CIS and Eastern Europe LTE network with transmission rate of 80 Mb/s was developed in the Tatarstan Republic.